Calendar of Events
Happening This Week...
Saturday, September 14
- 25th Annual Firefighters And EMS Mass 5:00pm - Cathedral
Sunday, October 15
- 1st & 2nd Grade 9:45am - Hall
- 3rd & 4th Grade 9:45am - Conf. Room
- 5th Grade 9:45am - Annex
- Kindergarten 11:15am - Hall
- 6th & 8th Grade 6:00pm - Conf. Room
- 7th & 9th Grade 6:00pm - Hall
- Confirmation Parent Meeting 6:00pm –Hall
Monday, October 16
- Guild Meeting 6:30pm - Hall
Tuesday, October 17
- Priest Deanery Meeting 12:00-Noon
- Bereavement Support Group 7:00pm - Conf. Room
Wednesday, October 18
- Children’s Choir Rehearsal 4:00pm - Church
- Chime Choir Rehearsal 4:45pm - Church
Thursday, October 19
- Prayer Shawl 6:30pm - Conf. Room
- Adult Choir Rehearsal 7:00pm - Church
- AA Meeting 7:30pm - Back Mtg Room
Saturday, September 21
- CT Men’s Conference 8:00am - Bristol
- Ledyard Lions “Spooktacular” 10:00am - Hall
- Adoration Pot Luck 6:00pm - Hall
Monday, October 23
- Knights of Columbus Business Meeting 5:30pm - Conf. Room
* Call the Rectory Office
KoC Food Cards
in the Foyer following mass every 2nd and 4th weekend of the month.
Daily from 5 AM to 11 PM
Mondays as needed.
Chaplet of Divine Mercy Novena Mass
Mondays at 9 AM
Mondays at 10 AM in Mary Emerich room in the hall
Knights of Columbus Meetings
Second and Fourth Monday at 7 PM Conference Room.
Our Lady of Lourdes Guild
3rd Monday of each month (not including July, August, December and January)
Ecumenical Bible Study
Tuesdays at 9:30 AM in the Library
Novena of the Miraculous Medal Mass
Tuedays mornings at 9 AM Mass.
Bereavement Support Group
1st & 3rd Tuesday of the Month 7 PM in the Conference Room
Novena to Our Lady of Lourdes
Every Wednesday at 8 AM
Every Wednesday 7 PM in the Chapel
Alcholics Anonymous (AA)
Thursday at 7:30 PM in Back Conference Room
Prayer Shawl Ministry
Every other Thursday at 6:30 PM. in the front Rectory Conference Room
Church Cleaning Committee
Every Friday at 9:30 AM in the Church.
Guild Christmas Bazaar
The Handicraft Table is in need of children and adult hats, mittens, scarves and slippers for the Bazaar on Saturday, November 4th, 2017 If there are women willing to knit or crochet any of these items, it certainly would be appreciated. We do have some yarn available at the workshop open on Mondays from 9:45 - 1:45. Thank you very much.
Vocation Poster Contest
Open to Religious Education and Catholic School Students from 1st through 8th Grade. Make posters representing one or more life vocations in the Catholic Church Deadline 8 November. Go to www.ololgf.org/KOC or the Religious Education Director for more information, rules and entry forms.
Faith Formation Registration 2017-2018
If you have not registered your child for the 2017-2018 Faith Formation program you can download the forms on our website or pick up a registration form located in the vestibule on the kiosk table. If you have any financial difficulties please contact the office or email a
firstname.lastname@example.org. All children are welcome to join our program.
Faith Formation Volunteers
Interested in being a CCD catechist or aide? You will need to undergo a background screening and participate in Armatus on-line training. If interested, please contact the rectory.
40 Days for Life Campaign
This year, The 40 Days for Life Campaign runs from Wednesday, Sept. 27th through Nov. 5th. It is hoped that you will join our Parish by praying, fasting, and signing-up to attend the peaceful prayer vigil held outside the Planned Parenthood facility at 12 Case St. in Norwich. Thank you.
Our Lady of Lourdes has selected Tuesday 17, OCT 2017 as the day for our prayer vigil. Signups will take place after all weekend Masses30 SEP/ 1 OCT, 6/7 OCT, and 14/15 OCT.
Contact Deacon Phil Hayes at 860-889-5055 for additional information.
Feeding the Hungry of Our Region
Hosted by Deacon Doug Hoffman.
A discussion of efforts to feed our hungry.
7 p.m. Wednesday evening, OCT 25 at St. Mary, Mother of the Redeemer Parish Center 69 Groton Long Point Rd, Groton
All are Welcome! Admission is Free
29th Annual Gales Ferry/Ledyard Crop Hunger Walk
Save the Date Sunday, October 15, 2017
Register Online at crophungerwalk.com/galesferryct
Autumn 2017 Adult Education Series
The Autumn 2017 Adult Education Series in the Ledyard-Groton Cluster Our Lady of Lourdes, Gales Ferry St. Mary, Mother of the Redeemer, Groton Sacred Heart, Groton City
|10/25 7pm||Feeding the Region’s Hungry||St. Vincent DePaul Soup Kitchen||At St Mary's, Groton|
|11/15 7pm||Living with & Ministering to
those with Disabilities or Dementia
|Diocesan Office of Faith Events||At OLOLs|
|11/26, 27, 28||Cluster Advent Mission||Fr. Alar- National Shrine of Divine Mercy||At Sacred Heart|
|12/13 7pm||Catholic Dating after a Spouse Dies||Diocesan Office of Faith Events||At OLOLs|
Join us for these interesting & informative presentations by contacting the parish secretary at Our Lady of Lourdes: phone 860-464-0034 email to email@example.com
Permanent Deacon Formation Program
The Diocese of Norwich intends to start a new Permanent Diaconate Formation Class. A deacon is ordained and missioned by Christ through the bishop to minister to the needy and the poor and to be a minister of Word and Sacrament, working in obedience to his bishop and in close fraternal cooperation with priests. The deacon is a sacramental sign of this service and he solemnly promises to be a living example of such service for others. The first step is the identification of potential Candidates for the five-year Permanent Diaconate formation program. If you are college educated, under the age of 55, and feel called by the Holy Spirit to begin investigating a vocation to the Permanent Diaconate then please discuss this with your pastor and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday November 5, 2017.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
"Every act of reverence, every genuflection that you make before the Blessed Sacrament is important because it is an act of faith in Christ, and act of love for Christ. And every sign of the cross and gesture of respect made each time you pass a church is also an act of faith." (St. Pope John Paul II). Still looking for adorers for the following hours: Monday at 1PM, Tuesday at 10AM and Thursday at 12PM. If you can help with any of these hours or any other hour of your choosing, please fill out a sign-up form located on the desk in the Chapel and we will call you. For more information, please contact Bill & Barbara Soude. Also mark you calendars, Adoration Pot Luck dinner on Saturday, 10/21, after the 5PM Mass. Look for the sign-up sheets in the sign-in log to let us know how many in your family will be coming and what you will be bringing. All committed adorers and substitute adorers and their families are cordially invited to this dinner. Don't forget to sign up in the sign-in log so we know how many to expect.
If you like to knit or crochet why not join the Prayer Shawl Ministry on Thursday, 10/19 at 6:30PM in the Rectory meeting room? New members are always welcome! Don't forget to complete a Prayer Shawl request form if you know of someone in need. Just drop it in the box location outside of the Adoration Chapel. For more information on this ministry, please contact Barbara Souder
An evening with our Lady of Fatima At Sacred Heart Church
On Friday, October 13th at 6:00pm, the Legion of Mary will host a program in the cafeteria in honor of the 100th Anniversary of the “Miracle of the Sun”, which took place at Fatima, Portugal with Mary’s Apparition. The Rosary will begin at that time, followed by a 60 minute DVD production of the apparitions of Mary. Father Dariusz will then lead a Litany to Our Lady of Fatima following the documentary. All parishioners are welcomed. Please invite your children as well. The program will end before 8:00pm
Twenty-Fifth Annual Mass for Firefighters/EMS Personnel
On Saturday, October 14, 2017, at 5:00 p.m., Bishop Cote will celebrate Mass for all Firefighters/EMS personnel, in the Cathedral of Saint Patrick. Each year, brothers and sisters of all faiths gather to thank God for their calling, to pray for their safety, and to remember their fallen colleagues. Assembly at Chelsea Parade for the line-up and the procession (to the Cathedral) of all personnel and apparatus will begin at 3:30 p.m. The Homilist will be Reverend Robert Marciano, Pastor, Saint Kevin Parish, Warwick, RI. Reception immediately following. All companies, departments, and personnel and their families are cordially invited to participate. For more information call, Mrs. Terri Zampini at 860-887-9294, x265, or Monsignor Brown at x232.
Saint Bernard School
Experience the Difference. Join Us...
• Saturday, October 21st 10am - Noon
• Thursday, November 9th 6pm
• Saturday, November 4th 8:30am - Noon
• Saturday, November 18th 8:30am - Noon
Accepting Applications for Fall 2018 Apply Today!
Catherine B. Brown Director of Admissions and International Programs Saint Bernard School 1593 Norwich-New London Turnpike Uncasville, CT 06382 email@example.com 860-848-1271
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mary, the Bible & Fatima
On Sunday, October 22nd, Thomas Smith will speak in St. Joseph School Hall from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm. His topic will be “Mary, the Bible and Fatima”. Thomas is a dynamic speaker and gifted teacher. He is a convert to Catholicism from Mormonism (The Church of the Latter-day Saints). In addition, Tom will give a second talk on Monday morning in St. Joseph School gym at 9am. His topic will be “Sharing the Joy of the Gospel”. Tom will share his amazing journey from Mormon missionary to Catholic evangelist. Both lectures are free. For more information please call St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Church in Baltic, CT 860-822-6378.
St. Joseph School
10 School Hill Road
CT Catholic Men’s Conference - 2017
Saturday, October 21, 2017, St Paul Catholic High School, 1001 Stafford Ave, Bristol, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our Theme is “.. YOU will be my witnesses.. ” ACTS 1:8
Get ready for a relaxed day. Experience the camaraderie of your fellow Catholic men. We have Adoration and Confession ALL DAY, and a Catholic Priest as musician and Traditional Music.
Scheduled FOR 2017 – Procession of the Holy Eucharist
We are celebrating with the best Speakers ever assembled!
- Returning from 2016, as our Master of Ceremonies, is the Grammy nominated Catholic musician and inspirational songwriter, Marty Rotella of SpiritPowerMusic.org
- Our opening speaker is Bishop Frank Caggiano from the Diocese of Bridgeport. A nationally known, dynamic communicator; he began his current assignment by declaring that “Indifference” would no longer be tolerated. The Bishop speaks on our theme over and over again.
- Our second speaker is Fr. Glenn Sudano, CFR one of the original eight men who became the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal in the Bronx NY. Firmly planted in the heart of the Church, his focus is on nothing less than clear identity, total fidelity, ardent devotion, daily prayer, and sacrificial service to the poor. His talk will cover their mission and the great spiritual benefits of a men's conference and the Apostolate of the Laity.
- In the morning Keynote, we are blessed to have Tim Staples, the Director of Catholic Answers. A powerful speaker and converted Catholic, he leads Christians back to the Catholic faith every day with his radio program and a huge number of speaking engagements every year.
- Our Keynote speaker Raymond Arroyo, the “World's Best Interviewer”, is an internationally known, award-winning journalist, producer, and New York Times Bestselling author. As founding News Director, Managing Editor and Lead Anchor for EWTN News, he is seen in more than 350 million homes on six continents each week and heard on more than 500 AM/FM affiliates and a stand alone Sirius channel throughout the US. Mr. Arroyo established EWTN News and The World Over Live in 1996, which he hosts from Washington DC each week.
- Our afternoon speaker, Jim Walhberg, is director of the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation. A man of faith in a famous Catholic family; he will discuss the good works of the foundation. Jim is a witness to the challenges facing youth and works tirelessly to deliver the message that Faith, Hope and Love can overcome any obstacles in life.
- Our new Chaplain, Fr. Jim Sullivan, will coordinate the Liturgy and Bishop Frank Caggiano will return to celebrate the 4 pm Vigil mass and offer a personal Homily with the Men.
Seeking Truth Through Faith and Science
On Saturday, November 4th, beginning at 9:30 am, with opening prayer in St. Mary Church, our parish will host a video conference featuring the work of Fr. Robert Spitzer. Presentations will be in St. Joseph School Hall from 9:45 am to 2:00 pm. Topics will include Evidence for God in Science, the Shroud of Turin and Scientific Evidence for the Soul. Our purpose is to illustrate how the study of “science brings us closer to God” (Louis Pasteur). Lunch will be provided. Suitable for ages junior high through adult. For more information email: Sancloutier@juno.com or call: (860) 861-1895. RSVP at http://bit.do/Truth-rsvp
St. Mary (Immaculate Conception) Church
70 West Main St.
Baltic, CT 06330
Begining Experience Weekend
If you are widowed, separated or divorced and want help in resolving the pain and grief of losing the marriage relationship and create a more peace-filled future, consider attending a Beginning Experience weekend October 27-29 at St. Thomas Seminary in Bloomfield, CT. The fee for the Catholic-based weekend is $235, which covers food, lodging, materials and a follow-up event. For more information, contact Victoria at 860-993-2384 or Maureen at 860-285-8685 or visit www.beginningexperience.org/connecticut.
Spiritual Renewal Center
Spiritual Renewal Center
co-directors Fr. Ray Introvigne and Judith Hughes
11 Bath Street, Norwich, CT 06360
Charismatic Prayer Meeting: Every Tuesday at 2:00pm
Prayer, Praise and Worship
Spiritual Renewal Center, 11 Bath Street, Norwich, CT (860-887-0702)
Worldwide Marriage Encounter
“... and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." Find out how Love and communication can ease your burdens by attending a Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend. The next WWME Weekends is Nov 3-5, 2017 in Manchester, CT and and Feb 2-4, 2018 in Manchester, CT. For more information, call Dennis & Jane Lamondy at 860-481-3720 or visit us at https://wwmectw.org/.